According to Russia Today, Jones Jr's manager Zsolt Barna says he deems it necessary to insure against a possible extraordinary case of Tyson chomping down an ear once again. Barna is anticipating a repeat of Tyson's shameful actions all those years ago against Holyfield.
The eight-round exhibition fight between Tyson and Roy Jones Jr. previously scheduled to wish place on Sept. 12 has been tentatively postponed to Nov. 28, according to The Ring's Ryan O'Hara and thus the Athletic's Mike Coppinger.
Tyson, 54, is on the brink of form his boxing comeback within the MIKE TYSON vs JONES JR exhibition match after retiring from the sport in 2005. according to Sports Illustrated's Chris Mannix, former heavyweight champion Tyson has received several multimillion-dollar offers in recent months as he has gotten into shape, including one from Evander Holyfield, who fought Tyson in two notable fights within the 1990s.
Jones, 51, could even be a light-weight heavyweight legend who last fought against Scott Sigmon in 2018, which resulted during a victory via unanimous decision. Jones participated in 75 professional fights over 29 years, recording 66 wins and nine losses.
Since the announcement of the fight in July, issues regarding headgear and drug testing have come to light, per O'Hara. California State Athletic Commission officer Andy Foster has said that the exhibition would be no quite tough sparring session which the fighters shouldn't be going for a knockout.
Roy Jones Jr has reportedly insured his ears ready for his highly-anticipated comeback fight against Tyson in September. Tyson infamously bit slightly off Evander Holyfield's ear back during a match in 1997.
With the earth edging closer to the highly-anticipated return of Tyson and his opponent Roy Jones Jr, more stories of their preparations should start beginning . One especially story though could also be a surprise while also being completely right, that Jones Jr are getting to be insuring his ears in anticipation of his comeback fight vs Tyson.
It is an eight-round exhibition bout that will take place in California. Both of the fighters have been told not to go for a knockout win - but Tyson has other ideas. When asked if he will be hunting for a KO, Tyson told TMZ: If the opportunity comes, I'm always looking for it.
Cape town Former world heavyweight champion Roy Jones Jr has threatened to pull out of his rescheduled fight against Mike Tyson if he is not offered more money. The fight between the two former world champions was originally scheduled for September 12, but Tyson and his organisers decided to delay it to November 28 in a bid to bring in more revenue, according to Metro.co.uk. Now an upset Jones has revealed he won’t go ahead with the fight unless he is compensated.
I’ve had to cancel other stuff to be out here, it’s upset my calendar, I’ve got to change things. That’s why we have to table bullsh*t now,’ Jones Jr vs Tyson in an interview with the UK’s Daily Mail.
That’s the biggest issue, I’m not a full-time boxer any more, so I do other things to make an income. If I can’t do other things then I should be compensated for that, because it changes the schematics. It’s not acceptable,” he added.